Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Monday, September 19, 2011
Friday, September 16, 2011
- For some reason this year, the pumpkin spice Starbucks tastes better than ever before. How is that even possible? I don't know. But it's like I'm sipping fall. And fall tastes GOOD.
- Speaking of Starbucks, I'm surprised they don't spit in my cup when I place my order. And if they do, I would rather be oblivious to that one. But it takes me about 1min to say it, and half a page to write. "Can I please have a Grande Pumpkin Spice Latte, 1/2 decaf, fat free milk, 120 degrees, with wippcream, caramel on top?" Let me guess. You're thinking 'Yep, they sure spit in your coffee.'
- I may be the last blogger alive that does not use google reader. Tell me why am I so confused on how to use it? I swear I'm not stupid, but someone, for the love, break it down for me.
- I've been thinking about doing a guest post series for a little while now. It's still a work in progress, but we shall see if I will follow through. I'm kind of excited about it.
- One of my bff whom I blogged about yesterday (the prego one), fell asleep while driving back from work and rolled her truck three times before losing consciousness. She's 19 weeks pregnant. She was told by multiple health providers that she would have been dead if she did not wear her seatbelt, or if she was a couple of inches taller, since the roof of her truck was smashed inward on the driver's side. I just about lost it when I heard about it. I truly believe that God was watching over them, and she walked away with only a really black eye and multiple bruises. His mercy endures forever. Amen and Amen.
- Last night I Skyped with two of my favorite bloggers and it was a blast. True story. I wouldn't lie to you. Both LeAnna and Emily are so witty, funny, and full of wisdom. And in case you are wondering, our TWO hr. conversation covered everything from saggy, stretchy boobs, to food, to God and today's church. Yes, we are THAT diverse. And yes, we are THAT deep. Now you shall run over and befriend them as well.
- It cracks me up when some bloggers feel like they are celebrities just because they have a larger number of followers nowadays. I mean, you can literally see how that has changed their attitude bc all of a sudden they feel more important. You can say all you want that you're humble and genuine, because sista' girl, you isn't, and at the end of the day, you use the same brand of wipes to wipe your kid's dirty behind, that I do.
- I am already thinking about all the different types of food that I need to buy for next week's plane ride. I am praying that if I shove enough food in Giada's mouth and keep her fed at all times she'll 1) Not be able to scream, and 2) Won't want to crawl allover the place. Now, how much food does one need for a total of 8hr flight if one plans on stuffing her child's face with it constantly?
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
Nine months. Goodness child, your baby days are slipping through my fingers and I can’t do a darn thing about it. Every single day I look at you and can’t believe how much you look more and more like an actual toddler and less like a baby. It’s such a bittersweet feeling. I am trying to treasure those baby moments that you and I spend together, because I’m sure that before I know it they’ll be gone.
This month you’ve been such a little busy body. You’re going allover the place, following me through every room in the house, walking along the furniture, leaving little greasy handprints on everything you touch, and going up the stairs like it’s a marathon.
You’re still breastfeeding as well as having some supplemental formula (since momma’s wells are going more and more dry since she started working) 3 to 4 times per day.You’ve also been eating all kinds of solid food. Everything we’re having, you’re begging to eat as well. Girlfriend, you’re a bottomless pit! If you could, you would eat all.day.long. We’re still monitoring you very closely. You know, just until you get this whole ‘eating without choking’ thing under control. But every day you’re getting better and better at it, and you LOVE LOVE LOVE variety and flavor. I cross my fingers and pray everyday that your zest for flavor, food, and life, never leaves you.
With all this food you’re eating, I’m so surprised that you’re still so tiny. You weigh a little over 16lbs, which puts you in the 10th to 25th percentile for weight. However, you’re still in the 75th percentile as far as height goes. Which makes you tall and skinny I guess. You’re already living your mother’s dream.
So remember how last month you started saying ‘ma-ma’ all day long? Well, I’m not sure what happened, but for the last few weeks no matter how much I beg or try to bribe you, I cannot get you to say it again if my life depended on it. On the other hand, you say ‘Dada’ all the time. You don’t connect it to your daddy yet, but it’s good practice for when you do.
You’ve also started clapping your little hands a few weeks ago. Whenever you hear any song or when mommy says “Bravo Giada!” you clap as loud as you can with this huge smile on your face, so proud of what you have accomplished.
Thank you so much for coming into our lives and filling them with joy, meaning and beauty Little Love. Thanks to you, no matter how hard my day is, at the end of it I still have a smile on my face because you put it there.
I love you to the moon and back,