- I can't really explain it, but when I have a morning cup o' Jo, with that good splash of hazelnut creamer, my whole day feels better. You know what I'm sayin'? I'm like Superwoman on steroids, yo. There is cleaning magically getting done, and food on the table, and clean laundry, and sometimes? Well, sometimes I even put the laundry back. BUT. In order for this miracle to happen, I need to have a good hr with just me, my coffee and a good tv show or my BHG magazine. No kid. Or husband. Just me. And for all that to take place would be a miracle in itself.
- There are not many things that truly gross me out. Comes with being a nurse I guess. But seeing someone pull their own condom catheter off their pride and joy and then proceeding to suck on it, brings the dry heaving from the bottom of my stomach even in someone like me.
- This week I cried when my patient decided he was going to stop his fight agains being a quadriplegic.
- Little touches of fall make my heart giddy.
- I have a bad obsession with burlap. Like bad bad. Almost anything I see, I like. Which only leads to needing to make. Do you know that burlap is messy and 10 month olds like to eat the 'leftovers'? And do you also know that burlap is really bad for your scissors? It dulls them to crap and you may as well use them to cut your leg hair in the spring after a whole winter of not shaving.
- As sappy as this may sound, my daughter makes me a better person. I laugh more, care more, love more. See the world with new eyes, more. And she has ignited that 'better me' fire in my heart.
Have a gorgeous weekend friends