Friday, October 29, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Maternity clothes: yes please! I need to buy some more for this really cold weather I’ve moved to.
Best moment this week: Knowing that she is still growing inside me, and didn’t decide to come out through all this chaos. Also getting a date for our house closing, and for making it to Idaho safely.
Foods: Don’t really have an issue here.
Movement: Lots. She is such a spunky little thing! I can see her moving her body parts all around my BIG belly.
Gender: Little bundle of sugar and spice.
Labor signs: Just plenty of BH, pelvic pressure, and lower abdominal pain. The usual.
Belly Button in or out: Out like I never though it would get!
What I miss: Lets start with SLEEP!!! Holy cow this week has been absolutely horrible as far as sleep goes. I can not lay on one side for even 15 minutes before having to switch. I do this all.night.long!!! I haven’t had a full night of sleep in about 9 days. Also, my feet have been swelling, a LOT, which is not a very pleasant or comfortable feeling at all. Overall, I really feel like pregnancy has shown it’s true colors this week.
How I feel: Beside miserable from the above mentioned statements, I also feel truly blessed to have everything come together nicely. I’m also so glad that we’ll finally be able to move into our new home in just about one week. I’m so excited to start decorating the nursery and the entire home!
Milestones: Moving and flying to a new and different state at 33 weeks! Craziness I tell ya!
I can't believe that I'm actually doing this, but I thought that since it's Halloween this week, I should post a scary, very ugly picture... of my feet. This was right after my flight on Monday. Usually they're about half that size! No worries (mom) they are back to their normal selves now : - )
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
How far along: 32 weeks!
Maternity clothes: yes, almost all of them.
Best moment this week: Getting to see my little girl’s sweet face on the ultrasound this Monday. She is doing just great! And also, the trip to Ikea with my SIL! LOVE that store. I got to buy some great things which I shall share with you guys once I decorate my new home! So excited!
Foods: Everything, but especially sparkling wine!
Movement: If this is any sign of what she’ll be like once she’s born, I’m in a whole lot of trouble. This girl can move! Also, I swear that sometime she just grabs onto my ribs and forgets to let go.
Gender: It’s been reconfirmed on the ultrasound, she’s all momma’s girl!
Labor signs: Just BH, AND she is head down already! Yey!!!
Belly Button in or out: So totally OUT! It’s so weird that you can see it sometime through my clothes.
What I miss: You know, the usual: breathing, back pain, fitting in my clothes, and not feeling like I’m going into labor after each ½ a mile I walk. Oh, and add sleep! It’s been pretty crappy this week! I’ve been heaving a hard time falling and staying asleep.
How I feel: So excited to move on Monday! And so blessed to have a healthy little girl growing perfectly!
Milestones: I’m 8 months prego! Just 8 weeks left (or less maybe?)!!! Also, we found out that our Little Love is 4lbs already which is right on track. I just hope that for my sake, this girl does not get huge. Please God keep her around 6-7 lbs! Ok, Thanks!
PS: I'm up to my neck in boxes and still am not done packing. So since I'll be so very busy in the next few day, I'll see all of you lovelies on Monday! Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Monday, October 18, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
- I had a real code for the first time and had to do chest compressions and push ACLS meds in order to save someone's life. Yes, I was scared half to death the very first time it happened.
- I had to tell someone for the first time that I was going to give them some rectal tylenol, who said "ok, no problem," only to find out after a really frantic minute of deep search, that there was a big problem, and that her rectum was sown shut. Needless to say, it was a huge surprise for both of us.
- I had to chase my confused/ uncooperative pt down the halls while the foley bag was dragging behind him and his open-in-the-back gown was flapping in the "wind" giving all of us a show we probably would've been ok never seeing (picture old saggy butt... or don't).
- While repositioning a patient, I ACCIDENTALLY disconnected a colostomy bag filled with bloody stool from it's drainage bag and spilled it all over my coworker's gown and shoes. Thank God she was wearing a gown! Can't say the same about her shoes... Once again, first time experience.
- The first time I cried while taking care of a brain dead 16 year old from a motor vehicle accident who was an orphan and had no one to come and visit him. Broke my heart.
- First time I had to take someone to the morgue (together with four other professional nurses) and wonder the basement halls with a dead body because we couldn't find it. Finally when we found the morgue, he was so big that he wouldn't fit on the tray so we had to do a bit of pressing and adjusting to get him in. Touching and adjusting a dead body so much was a bit creepy, I won't lie.
- For the first time in my life I splashed some pt's blood ALL OVER my face! That includes mouth, and eyes! Very bad rookie mistake... No worries, all my tests came back great : )
- For the first time in my life I had to read a Dr's orders saying "Massage pt's penis every ten minutes," for a pt with priapism that had already lasted for 3 days (that's a painful 3 day erection ya'll, for those of you who may not know the real term. TMI?). Needless to say, I clearly stated that unless his own hands are in casts or he is paralyzed from neck down I wasn't even going to consider the possibility of completing that order. His hands were fine (THANK GOD), and I put the man to work!
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Total weight gain: 17 pounds. I only have 8lbs left in my “pound bank” to spare until the end of this pregnancy in order to keep my weight gain goal of 25 total lbs.
Maternity clothes: Still wearing both, but lets be real, the non prego ones have to be pretty loose.
Best moment this week: This week has been such a huge, huge, HUGE blessing! I had so many “best moments!” We had our little “babymoon,” on Monday I was able to hear her sweet little heart beat again strongly in the 140s, AND our house in Idaho has finally been approved!!!!!! That was the thing that was stressing me out the most! Now I won’t have to worry about sleeping in a refrigerator box under a bridge, or having to use a laundry basket for a crib. God is wonderful!
Food: Once again, no problem here at all, but I’ve really been craving sushi! Yesterday I HAD to buy some vegi ones! Yumo!!!!
Movement: Lots and lots and lots! She is definitely reaching my ribs now, and finds it entertaining to hit me over and over again. I still love her to death!
Gender: Sweet little girl!
Labor signs: Just BH for now, which get pretty tight at times. Gosh, this labor thing freaks me out peeps!
Belly Button in or out: Outy!
What I miss: putting my shoes and socks on; being able to pick things off the floor without wondering if I’m going to get up afterwards; normal breathing, and sleeping comfortably.
How I feel: SO excited! Tonight is my last night of work, and we’re having a little “go away party.” I’m going to miss working with all those people, but I feel so ready to start the next chapter of my life, and get away from work for a while. We’re also moving in less than TWO WEEKS! And with that comes a new home and a new life! Bring it on!!!!
Milestones: Right now, her lungs are the only organs that are not fully developed, other than that she would be ready to meet us. However, I really don’t mind waiting until she’s fully cooked… I just would prefer that she doesn’t decide to be one of those 42 week overbaked ones (just for my sake). Only 9 weeks, or 22% left!!! Oh yeah!