Monday, August 30, 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
How far along: 24 weeks!
Maternity clothes: still wearing both maternity and non-maternity clothes. My scrub tops are getting really tight though. I just don’t want to buy any new ones for just two months, but I may have to do it.
Best moment this week: Feeling her move always makes my week!
Foods I love: I just love all food, but I’ve just been sooo thirsty this week; a whole lot more thirsty than usual. So I’ve been drinking plenty of fluids. At least I’m staying hydrated even though I have to pee every ten minutes.
Foods I hate: Same as usual: fast foods.
Movement: Lots of it. I can feel her kick stronger and stronger each week, and I still love each moment of it.
Gender: Team pink all the way!
Labor signs: None, but every day I keep on thinking more and more about how it’s going to feel and I won’t lie, I’m scared half to death of it.
Belly Button in or out: Neither. It’s just flat, neither in nor out. But I guess it’s slowly making it’s way out.
What I miss: my old body and being able to stand up without having to roll over first. But once again, this is nothing compared to having this little sweet baby girl.
How I feel: Happy that I have not thrown up in about 8 weeks! I was just thinking about that last night and it put a huge smile on my face. Also, next week my SIL is coming over with her family, and that is marking the beginning of our super busy month of September which should make it go by super fast! I’m just too excited about it all!
Milestones: I’m six months pregnant today! This is so exciting! I only have a few more months to go, and so many things to do! I just can’t believe that in a little over 3 months I’m going to meet, hug and snuggle with my sweet little girl! I’m just bursting with excitement!
Monday, August 23, 2010
Lately I've been having all those random thoughts going through my head, and I though I should share them with you ladies, so you may partake (or laugh) with me in all this, and also so I can come back and giggle at all the randomness that once ran through my mind. Haha.. So here it goes:
- there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wonder what my daughter is going to look or be like. Will she be an ocean lover, social butterfly, trying to get her hands in a bit of everything this world has to offer like me, or will she be more reserved, calm, laid back and a mountain lover like her daddy.
- nowadays, I am TERRIFIED that I might literarily pee allover myself if I laugh too hard. Don't worry it has never happened... yet. However, my bladder has a whole lot more pressure on it now and every time I laugh it just seems like I come this.close to peeing on myself. (too much info here?)
- This may be no secret, but I cannot wait to move! I made all kinds of notes about how many days of work I have left, how many days we have total, and even wrote little "you can do it" type things for each day I still have left of work. Oh, and I have an i-phone app to count them all down. Yeah, I'm a bit obsessed.
- Even though it still makes me giggle after, it gets less and less funny each time one of my patients becomes a "painter." We call "painters" those patients of ours who decide to poop and than draw all over themselves with it. I find myself often being told "Nope ma'am" with the most honest look in their eyes when I ask the pretty frequent question "Mr. J (or A, or W, or M, or...you get the point) did you poop on yourself again?" The thing is, I can clearly see the creative design they drew all over their face that always happens to be some shade of brown. Interesting isn't it?
- I also cannot stop thinking about how I'll decorate our new home, and all the time I'm going to spend with my little lovely girl. Once we move, I won't be working for at least 8 months (2before she gets here, and six after)! I just cannot wait to spend all that time with my precious little bundle of squishy joy!
- It is getting harder and harder to stand up without rolling over in some shape or form. My husband finds it kind of amusing. Every week a more clear version of oompa loompa stares back at me in the mirror, and for the first time in my life I'm not doing a thing to change it but actually smile at it. However, as much as I love and am so thankful for this big belly and would never regret a thing, I would be lying if I said I didn't miss what once used to be a small waist line. Sigh... It's ok though, because I truly believe that my old waist line and I shall meet again some day. We HAVE to.
Friday, August 20, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
How far along: 23 weeks
Total weight gain: we’ll just say 7. I initially lost five pounds right around 12-13 weeks, but no worries I’ve gained them all back and then some. So I’ll just count my weight gain from what I started with at the beginning of my pregnancy (112lb) instead of from my lost ones (107lb). This way I’ll feel better about myself. Haha.
Maternity clothes: I wear both maternity and my own. However the shirts are most definitely getting tighter and shorter…
Best moment this week: Being in Idaho and seeing friends and family as well as our potential new home.
Foods I love: Cold watermelon is so yummy! I still like lots of fruits, however whenever I run out of them to munch on, I go straight for the carbs and sweets. Not good!
Foods I hate: Still hating that fast food smell, and most fast food. I really do think that it has a lot to do with the fact that the McDonalds in our hospital is the only food source we have at night. I’m sooo sick of it!
Movement: She move quite a bit and I love it! I just love putting my hand on my belly and feeling her kick it.
Gender: A sweet baby girl that I can hardly wait to meet!
Labor signs: None, but hopefully they do come right around 37-38 weeks! There are so many ladies I know that have been induced lately! I have a feeling this little lady will want to come late too, but I would rather she comes on her own with no induction help.
Belly Button in or out: This thing has been stuck half way in half way out for weeks. Who knows if it will ever come out.
What I miss: My legs seem to hurt a lot more, and I am moving slower nowadays. Either way, it’s all worth it!
How I feel: I’m still very excited about all the things that are about to happen in the next few months. After seeing the house in Boise this week, I’ve already decorated it all in my head! I can’t wait until I really am able to settle in and decorate all the rooms! Gosh, I’m so excited I can’t stand it!
Milestones: Her sense on movement is well developed now and she can feel me move and dance! The blood vessels in her lungs are also developing and getting her more ready for her first breath of air. My little girl is growing!
Monday, August 16, 2010
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
How far along: 22 weeks
Maternity clothes: I still wear a lot of my own clothes, however I did buy some maternity ones last week. I got some pants, but they literarily fall off my butt if I walk for more than 2 minutes. I think they’ll fit a lot better in a few weeks when my belly gets even bigger.
Best moment this week: We finally sold our house in Michigan this Monday! It was on the market for a whole year, and we’ve had to pay for two places this entire time. Not having to pay for that each month is going to be a HUGE relief on our income. Plus, now it will be a whole lot easier for us to move to Idaho sooner and start our new lives there. I can’t wait for that!
Foods I love: Still love lots of cold fruit.
Foods I hate: Still don’t like fast food smells.
Movement: Lots! This little girl is sooo active! The other night though I was having a really hard time falling asleep because she kept on kicking over and over again in the same spot around my bladder area. It took her a while to stop, too.
Gender: Little Miss.
Labor signs: None. However, I was watching some home birth videos last night, and I’m not sure if it was a good idea watching all those women go through labor because now I’m a bit more stressed out about it. I have seen a few live births, however it’s a whole lot different knowing that I’m going to be the one on the other side. I really don’t want an epidural, but I am not sure how well I’m going to handle the pain. Ahhh, so many questions!
Belly Button in or out: It’s been the same for the last few weeks: half way in half way out.
What I miss: not having to pee so much and feeling so bloated. But it’s really nothing compared to having this little girl.
How I feel: Excited! The next couple of months should go by pretty fast. We’re going to Idaho this Friday to see some family and friends and look at homes, than we have a Family reunion in the beginning of September, than my SIL and her family is staying with us for a week, one of Brandon’s friends is going to visit for a week right after that, than my family comes to visit from Arizona for a few days. And than it’s October and our potential “moving month”, and with that comes a whole lot more excitement including decorating a new house (and her Nursery!!!!) and being closer to family and friends. I really hope that everything goes as planned because I’m just too excited about all of it! God has been so amazing!
Milestones: This Little Love now weighs a whole pound! It may not be a whole lot, but at least we’re finally in the “pound measurement” area. Her taste buds are also developing and she can stick her tongue out and taste the amniotic fluid. I know that sounds really gross, but it’s also so exciting to know all the little things that she’s doing that will help her grow into the little girl I’m going to meet and squeeze and fall head over heels for (that last part has already happened though). I just can’t wait to meet my little miracle baby! 18 more weeks!
Monday, August 9, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
How far along: 21 weeks!
Total weight gain: Gosh don’t get me started on this one. Yesterday when I went to my OB appointment, my Nurse practitioner was like “You know you really are not supposed to be eating for two,” and “I see you gained all your weight back and than some.” For crying out loud I only gained a total of 9 pounds! I didn’t think it was that much in 21 weeks, but I guess I need to slow down with my grub.
Maternity clothes: I have this week! I’ve been wearing those maternity dresses that my mom gave me in the beginning. They are so comfy! I really do need some more maternity clothes though. This belly is growing away!
Best moment this week: Hearing her heart beat again beating strong in the 140s! That sound is just so amazing!
Foods I love: Cold fruits! Yum!
Foods I hate: Still fast foods.
Movement: Yes! It’s so sweet. She is kicking stronger and more often now, and I just love each and every one of her little moves. She never stops melting my heart.
Gender: Sweet little Miss.
Labor signs: None!
Sleep: So far so good! Have no complains.
Belly Button in or out: Slowly making its way out.
What I miss: My waste line. But she is so worth every sacrifice.
How I feel: Happy to be carrying this Little Love; hopeful that our house in MI will close next week; and excited about hopefully moving away to Idaho soon and starting our new life.
Milestones: It’s August! I just realized the other day that there are only 4 months left until December. That just seems like it’s so close, I can hardly stand it!